Auto Accident Injury Treatment With Our Stillwater, MN Chiropractor
According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel, as many as 50 million people are injured or disabled in car accidents every year. While we hope you or a loved one never experiences this kind of incident, our team at Rivertown Chiropractic and Wellness is happy to provide natural auto accident injury treatment that can give you relief without drugs or invasive interventions.
When should you come in following an injury or auto accident? As soon as possible! The longer you wait to seek treatment, the more prolonged the recovery process is likely to be.
What if you didn’t suffer any broken bones or serious injury? Research shows that even low impact accidents at speeds as low as 5 mph can cause bodily injury……and you may not even recognize it at the time. When over a ton of steel and glass slam into you, you are very likely going to be hurt. The only question is how much you’re hurt not if you’re hurt.
Common Types of Auto Accident Injury
Some of the most common conditions Dr. Larsen sees in our patients who have endured car crashes include:
- Whiplash: a syndrome of neck, head, and shoulder dysfunction secondary to forceful flexion and extension of the neck
- Shoulder dislocation: partial or complete misalignment of the humeral head within the shoulder complex; this often leads to instability and recurring shoulder dislocations
- Rotator cuff strain: the restraining force of a seat belt can cause muscles around the shoulder to become strained and torn, leading to pain and discomfort in the shoulder area
- Brachial plexus strain: a large bundle of nerves pass through your shoulder on their way into the arm, and can easily become overstretched in a traumatic accident; this can lead to numbness, tingling, and weakness in the arms
- Sciatica: if a disc tears or is forced out of alignment due to the force of an auto accident, it can compress the sciatic nerve root
- Knee injury: direct contact with the dashboard or other hard surface in a car can lead to bruising, swelling, patellar fracture, patellar dislocation, or "dashboard knee" which can involve torn ligaments inside the knee joint
Note: It's important to realize that whether your car crash was minor or significant, an injury can occur (even in small fender benders). You may not even notice you have an injury for a few days, weeks, or months following your car crash. This is because for some people, the flight or fight hormones (like adrenaline) don't return to their normal resting levels immediately following trauma, and such hormones can mask pain.
Looking for Auto Injury Treatment in Stillwater, MN? Contact Rivertown Chiropractor and Wellness Today
Call our chiropractic team today! Our number is (651) 439-2712. We'd be happy to get you set up with your own individualized auto injury treatment in Stillwater MN.