Auto Accident Injury Treatment With Our Stillwater, MN Chiropractor
According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel, as many as 50 million people are injured or disabled in car accidents every year. While we hope you or a loved one never experiences this kind of incident, our team at Rivertown Health and Wellness is happy to provide natural auto accident injury treatment that can give you relief without drugs or invasive interventions.
Common Types of Auto Accident Injury
Some of the most common conditions we see in our patients who have endured car crashes include:
- Whiplash: a syndrome of neck, head, and shoulder dysfunction secondary to forceful flexion and extension of the neck
- Shoulder dislocation: partial or complete misalignment of the humeral head within the shoulder complex; this often leads to instability and recurring shoulder dislocations
- Rotator cuff strain: the restraining force of a seat belt can cause muscles around the shoulder to become strained and torn, leading to pain and discomfort in the shoulder area
- Brachial plexus strain: a large bundle of nerves pass through your shoulder on their way into the arm, and can easily become overstretched in a traumatic accident; this can lead to numbness, tingling, and weakness in the arms
- Sciatica: if a disc tears or is forced out of alignment due to the force of an auto accident, it can compress the sciatic nerve root
- Knee injury: direct contact with the dashboard or other hard surface in a car can lead to bruising, swelling, patellar fracture, patellar dislocation, or "dashboard knee" which can involve torn ligaments inside the knee joint
It's important to realize that whether your car crash was minor or significant, an injury can occur (even in small fender benders). You may not even notice you have an injury for a few days, weeks, or months following your car crash. This is because for some people, the flight or fight hormones (like adrenaline) don't return to their normal resting levels immediately following trauma, and such hormones can mask pain.
How Our Chiropractor in Stillwater MN Can Address Your Auto Accident Injury
Work with a Rivertown Health & Wellness chiropractor to recover from your auto accident injury. Our services can help in several ways:
- Adjustments re-store alignment in the spine and trigger natural pain relief
- Postural screens identify hidden imbalances contributing to dysfunction
- Electrical muscle stimulation alleviates tension
This is not an exclusive list, so we encourage you to call us with questions!
Looking for Auto Injury Treatment in Stillwater MN? Contact Rivertown Health and Wellness Today
Call our chiropractic team today! Our number is (651) 439-2712. We'd be happy to get you set up with your own individualized auto injury treatment in Stillwater MN.